Every time the kitchen door swings open, it’s like a gateway to culinary heaven. You can hear pans sizzling, pots boiling and range hoods whirring. As the dining area fills up with the irresistible smells of delicious food, your stomach starts to rumble. You can hardly wait for the passionate chefs and pastry cooks to serve your delicious meal full of the best regional and seasonal ingredients. You’re looking for international culinary delights? Then why not head to the many pizzerias of Kappl? Crispy pizzas and plenty of gelato will turn every day into a holiday!
Come to the picturesque Paznaun Valley and sample the most mouth-watering treats of your holiday region!
Spoilt for choice
Kappl’s gastronomy is full of delicious treats. Visit the village’s restaurants, mountain huts and cafés and savour the most delectable specialities of the Paznaun. Browse the comprehensive culinary offers and experience the taste of a truly delicious holiday!
- To spoil their guests with the best the local cuisine has to offer, Kappl’s hosts and chefs place great importance on regional and seasonal products. The restaurants of Kappl are known for their Tyrolean specialities served with a pinch of local identity and authenticity
- “Ciao e benvenuto” at Kappl’s pizzerias! Italian delicacies like pizza or pasta will not only put big smiles on little faces. They also go perfectly with a fine glass of wine after a long day of hiking or skiing!
- You can’t beat the mountain huts of Kappl for charm. Creaking wooden floors and a snug atmosphere while friendly hosts and spectacular views top off your perfect mountain experience. After all, what could be better than taking a break at a mountain hut after a long hike or day on the slopes?
- Food tastes even better when it’s served with breathtaking views of Alpine mountains and snow-covered peaks! The mountain restaurants of Kappl are the perfect place to savour this unique experience. Take your time, enjoy the views and experience the taste of a truly delicious holiday!
- Black Forest gateaux, Sacher cake, charlotte cake or homemade apple strudel – the display cabinets of Kappl’s cafés are bursting with sweet delights. The perfect place to take a quick afternoon break and enjoy a cup of coffee along with an irresistible piece of cake!
The ABC of Tyrolean specialities
don’t miss these treats!
You’re looking for the ultimate Austrian holiday experience and don’t want to miss out on the best local treats? Then we have the perfect bucket list for you! The following Tyrolean specialities are a great way to experience the true taste of Austria. Tuck in, enjoy and feel like a real “Österreicher”!
- Kasspatzln (Swabian-style cheese noodles): best served sprinkled with Paznaun Alpine Cheese!
- Tiroler Speckknödel (bacon dumplings): Originally served in soup.
- Tiroler Gröstl (roast meat and potatoes): Originally comprised of leftovers, the dish is now one of Austria’s most popular traditional dishes.
- Kaspressknödel (cheese dumplings): For generations, the savoury dumplings have been flattened and fried.
- Tiroler Marend or Brettljause (assortment of cold cuts and cheeses): The Austrian afternoon snack. No matter if you order a Marend or Brettljause, you will get the same mouth-watering treats served on a wooden board.
- Kiachl or Bauernkrapfen (famers’ donuts): A sweet seduction served with a dab of cranberry jam in the middle.
- Schlutzkrapfen (a type of ravioli): A savoury potato filling coated in fluffy dough, served with melted butter and fresh chives.
- Moosbeernocken (blueberry pancakes): Best enjoyed fresh from the pan and sprinkled with lots of icing sugar!
- Strauben (funnel cake): The sweet “curls” are fried and sprinkled with sugar.
Gourmet tip: You would like to be spoiled by international star chefs and sample their innovative creations? Then you should definitely join the annual culinary hike and enjoy a truly delightful experience!
You’re interested in regional products, species-appropriate animal farming and traditional delicacies? Then sample your way through the comprehensive selection of culinary treats in Kappl and get a taste of perfect holidays!