Fat bikes appeared on the scene in 2010. They look just like ordinary mountain bikes but with extra wide tyres of 4.0 to 4.8 inches and a diameter of 30 inches, which make them perfect for riding in all kinds of terrain, including sand and snow. To improve grip, they have lower tyre pressure as well.
Feel like going on a fat bike tour?
If you would like to try the trend sport of fat biking, you can do so in Kappl in the Paznaun region. Every Monday, adventurous bikers get the chance to cruise down the snow-covered toboggan run with special balloon tyres preventing falls in the slippery snow.
Meet up at Dias cable car
If you want to join the fun, simply head to the meeting point at Dias cable car every Monday at 08:00. Hop on the cable car to get to the toboggan run of Kappl where your fat bike adventure is about to begin. Please note that fat bikes are only allowed on the cable car together with your guide.
Choose one of the following booking options:
- phone Heinz at +43 650 2024117
- send him a WhatsApp message
- send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is possible up until Sunday, 17:00.
Before your tour, your guide Heinz will explain the basics of fat biking to you. Once every participant knows the ropes of downhill cruising in the snow, your adventure begins! One thing’s for sure: Fat biking offers thrills and spills for amateurs and pros of all ages!
The perfect equipment for a safe ride
Bring the following for your ride:
- solid and warm winter boots
- ski clothes: ski pants, ski jacket, gloves
- helmet and ski goggles
- And off you go on your winter bike tour!
Reasons for a fat bike tour
- Fat biking is great fun, especially in a group!
- The new endurance sport is a great way to keep fit. After all, you burn up to 1,500 calories during an hour of fat biking!
- Fat biking is a mixture between riding a bike and riding a horse – you simply have to experience it yourself!
- Fat bikes are a great way to explore your holiday region off the beaten track – both in summer and winter.
- Fat biking is a fun activity for the whole family!
Jump into the saddle and start your fat bike mountain adventure in Tyrol!