The best ingredient for a hiking holiday?
A pinch of Kappl in summer!
Take a pair of hiking boots, a backpack and weather-proof clothing. Add to that some breathtaking views, rushing mountain streams, blooming meadows and bright sunshine. Sprinkle a pinch of pleasant anticipation on top and what you get is your perfect hiking holiday in Kappl! Finally it’s time to pack your car, strap in your excited children and head to Tyrol’s Paznaun region!
Hiking pleasure for everyone
Kappl boasts a vast network of hiking trails, ranging in difficulty from easy to more challenging tours. No matter if you’re young or young-at-heart, a leisure hiker or skilled mountaineer – Tyrol has the perfect trail for every skill level and taste. Enjoy short and easy hikes with great vantage and rest stops or try a more challenging tour through the valleys and gorges of the Paznaun region and up to the mountain trails at 1,300 metres above sea level. Itching to go? Simply put on your hiking boots, grab your backpack and conquer the mountains!
Kappl’s hiking highlights at a glance
- 20 hiking tours in Kappl
- more than 80 tours in the entire Paznaun region
- picturesque mountain huts with welcoming hosts
- Easy or difficult, leisure hiker or family: Kappl has the perfect hike for everyone!
- Sunny Mountain Adventure Park: fun and action for the whole family after your hike
- varied events in the mountains
- Silvretta Card all inclusive for free cable car rides up the mountain
The perfect trail for every hiker
Short but impressive – hiking trails for the whole family
You’re all equipped for your family holiday and looking for a little adventure beyond a stroll through the village? The short but impressive hiking trails of Kappl offer perfect opportunities for family hikes. Suitable for pushchairs, they take you through shady forests and along quaint chapels. Enjoy splendid views and the rewarding feeling of having done something for your body and soul.
for beginners and experienced hikers
A narrow trail is winding through lush green meadows, taking you past grazing cows and the gentle ringing of their bells. Ahead of you, impressive mountain peaks and snow-covered summits are beckoning. Kappl boasts a vast network of hiking trails for all difficulty levels. If you feel like a short exploration of the mountains of the Paznaun region, we recommend the many easy or intermediate trails. If you’re looking for a bit more of a challenge, simply choose one of the black trails, some of them with a length of more than 30 kilometres and more than 1,300 vertical metres. Find out more about the different trails …
Hiking with the summer bus
Your hike turned out to be more exhausting than you thought? Your feet are hurting and you don’t want to walk back to your hotel? No problem! Simply take the summer bus – a particularly convenient offer for families with children. The bus goes from Bielerhöhe to the Silvretta reservoir and back several times a day.
Our tip: Holders of a Silvretta Card all inclusive get to use the shuttle bus for free!
A delicious pit stop
take a break at Kappl‘s mountain huts and restaurants
What would a hike be without a stop at a mountain hut or restaurant? After all, there’s nothing better than resting your weary bones on a traditional wooden bench after exploring the mountain world of the Paznaun region! The amiable hosts will spoil you with regional and seasonal delicacies and welcome you with a friendly “Grüß Gott”.
You can’t wait to hike through the mountain world of the Paznaun region? Grab your loved ones and pick your favourite holiday accommodation right now! Your Tyrolean mountain adventure is waiting for you …
turn every hike into an unforgettable experience
Your holiday is all planned and you’re ready for your hike. You know the way and have memorised all trail details from total length to vertical metres. The only thing missing? Some helpful tips and tricks to keep your group safe and motivated during your hike!
- Hack 1: Take your time! There’s no point in rushing when tackling the beautiful mountain world of the Paznaun. Slow down, take a deep breath and enjoy the impressive views!
- Hack 2: Your children quickly lose interest? Make the hike more exciting for them! Tell them about plants, trees, animals and herbs you encounter along the way and turn them into little wildlife experts!
- Hack 3: Take a break! Kappl offers so many beautiful rest spots that you will be spoilt for choice. There’s no better way to soak up the peace and quiet of the beautiful Tyrolean landscape!
- Hack 4: Treat yourself! Enjoy the heartfelt hospitality of Kappl’s mountain hut and restaurant hosts and fuel up on delicious Tyrolean specialities like Schlutzkrapfen or Kaiserschmarrn!
- Hack 5: If you hike with kids, it’s good to come prepared. Here’s a little list of what to put in your backpack:
• plenty to drink
• weather-proof clothing and solid footwear
• torch and first-aid kit
• trail map
• food, e.g. sandwiches, cereal bars, fruit and a little sweet motivation for the kids
• Don’t forget to check the weather forecast in advance!