You love exploring the mountain world of Tyrol on two wheels? You’re ready to take a bumpy ride across roots and rocks? Kappl is full of great mountain bike tours for all tastes. No matter if you’re looking for a great tour for all skill levels or a more challenging tour up to beautiful Muttenjoch – there are plenty of highlights waiting for you and your bike!
Hints for using the bike trails
Whether you’re an amateur, advanced or experienced rider – the Paznaun offers the perfect mountain bike tour for all tastes and skill levels.
- Easy tours: The blue trails are perfect for leisure cyclists and bike newbies. With only moderate descents, they don’t require any prior knowledge or special technique. A great opportunity to explore the local nature!
- Intermediate tours: Galtür’s intermediate trails are perfect for ambitious bikers with plenty of fitness and good technique. Expect some challenging uphill and downhill sections!
- Difficult tours: The black trails are a highlight for extreme bikers with excellent fitness and technical skills. With plenty of steep and difficult sections with hairpin bends, these trails require lots of concentration.
It’s easy to forget about everything out in nature. However, there are some rules that you definitely should keep in mind as a biker to protect the beautiful environment you’re riding in …
- Respect the plants and animals of the mountain world and stick to the marked trails.
- Hikers come first! If you come across hikers, slow down and ring your bell. If necessary, dismount your bike.
- Control your speed and keep an eye out for oncoming traffic. Anticipatory riding is one of the most important rules of mountain biking!
- If you’re riding in high-alpine terrain, it’s important to keep an eye on the weather. Check the current weather situation before your tour and bring warm clothes!
- Safety first: Always wear a helmet! What’s more, freeriders should always wear protectors.