Paznaun Market Day
The pleasure festival in Ischgl in the Paznaun
27 August is all about the regional products of the Paznaun. In the thick of it is the Paznauner Almkäse (alpine cheese), the region's flagship product, one might say. This special alpine cheese is made purely from Paznaun milk, and the cows are also given only the best grasses. So the best quality is ensured right from the start. 10 alpine pastures and 3 alpine dairies make their way from their alp to the valley in Ischgl and present the unique alpine cheese to the guests. And that's not all: In addition to the dairy products, bread, bacon, honey, schnapps, liqueurs and many other delicacies are on offer at the festival site. The culinary offerings are surrounded by local exhibitors with traditional and modern handicrafts, from pine pillows to wooden jewellery and felt bags.
Tip: In the midst of the hustle and bustle of the various stands, you will find a stand of the local brass band, which offers some small refreshments!
The festival programme
In addition to the delicacies, there are further programme items as part of the summer event. As tradition demands, the Market Day will begin with the marching in of the brass bands and the opening by the guests of honour. This is followed by a colourful entertainment programme, including the election of the Cheese Queen 2022, a children's entertainment programme (Kids Club Paznaun and climbing tower of BR Ischgl) and show cooking with gourmet chef Martin Sieberer. Around and in the large festival tent, the Musikkapelle Ischgl provides its guests with plenty of culinary and musical highlights throughout the day.
All about the 13th Paznaun Market Day
- When: 27 August from 10:30 am
- Where: Florianparkplatz in Ischgl
- What: Traditional festival with culinary delights, market stalls, children's programme and pleasant sounds.
Children animation programme: with the Kids Club Paznaun & climbing tower with the Ischgl Mountain Rescue Service
- 10:30 am: Procession of the brass bands Gossensaß & Schwarzenberg
- 11:00 am: Opening of the Market Day by the guests of honour with cheese cutting and beer tapping
Speeches by the guests of honour
Election of the Cheese Queen 2022
- from 11:00 am: Children's entertainment programme with the Kids Club Paznaun
- from 11:00 am: Climbing tower with the Ischgl Mountain Rescue Service
- 11:30 am: Morning pint concert by the brass band Gossensaß
- 1:30 pm: Concert by the brass band Schwarzenberg
- 3:00 pm: Show cooking with gourmet chef Martin Sieberer
- 4:00 pm: Entertainment with "Die Innsider"
- from 8:30 pm: "Die Hopfenmusig" (The Hop Musicians)